Sunday, February 13, 2011

I love you! Remember?

A couple of days ago, Laurence came to me and said "Something that I'm going to tell you is going to make you jealous." He told me that Alex just said "I love you, Dada" all of a sudden. They were playing with a building toy that we'd just opened for him. He has been obsessed with it and especially likes to put the little rubber connectors in a row of holes. Laurence asked Alex to share one connector with him and Alex said "no..." in his slow but deliberate way. Later, Laurence found another one and gave it to Alex and said "see how much Dada loves you? Even though I wanted one I let you have it". Several minutes later, Alex said "I love you, Dada".

Just the next day, Laurence took Alex to say goodnight to me as I have not been well and stayed in bed. I hugged him and kissed him and played a bit with him as usual and they went to get ready for bed. Later on, Laurence told me that when Alex was in his room he suddenly said "I love you, Mama" and blew a kiss towards the direction of my bedroom!

Alex's language ability often surprises everyone around him. The other day Alex found a bouncing ball and started to play with it. Byoobyoo, our cat, got very interested too. Laurence told Alex to be careful and not hit Byoobyoo with it, but he could play around Byoobyoo. Later that day, Alex saw Byoobyoo was lying underneath the coffee table. Alex went up to him and said to ByooByoo "bounce ball, remember?" Laurence didn't know how Alex learned that. How does he know what "remember" means?

No comments:

Post a Comment